Saturday, December 13, 2014

New Camera Lenses =)

I've been reading about how using "fast" camera lenses is the route to go with capturing star photos, so for my birthday we bought two new lenses for our Cannon Rebel t5i:  a Rokinon 16 mm F2.0 for wide angle and a Opteka 85 mm F1.8 for a bit of zooming.  Was able to play around with them for the first time last night ;)  I photographed from our front porch here in town.  Thinking now I want to try darker skies....  VERY Fun!

Orion and Taurus using the 16 mm F2.0





M42 and M45 using the 85 mm F1.8





A plane passing through while photographing =)




I forgot to include a couple of star trail photos I took of Orion and Taurus <3.  

~ 160 seconds exposure


~ 300 seconds exposure


~ 300 seconds exposure annotated =)




Cropped and close up of a bit of Taurus including the Pleiades:









No comments:

Post a Comment